Micro-needling is a cosmetic procedure that uses small, sterilized needles to prick the skin. The purpose of this treatment is to generate new collagen and skin tissue to smooth, firm, and tone skin.
Benefits of micro-needling
Benefits of micro-needling can include:
* Reducing the appearance of scars, including acne scars
* Reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
* Reducing enlarged pores
* Reducing the appearance of hyperpigmentation, or dark spots
* smoothing uneven skin tone
* Improving skin elasticity
* Reducing the appearance of stretch marks
* Reducing the appearance of scars
* Promoting hair growth in people with alopecia
Procedure for micro-needling
During the procedure, I use a pen-like tool with tiny sterilized needles.
I will move the tool evenly across your skin so that the newly rejuvenated skin will be even too.
The procedure usually takes approx 30 minutes, depending on how big the area is. Most people need 4-6 treatments to see a difference.
Healing time. It may take days or weeks to heal, depending on how deep the needles pierce your skin.
You may have some minor pain after the procedure, and your skin may be red for a few days.
Your skin may feel tight and flake a bit while it heals.
There’s usually no bleeding during microneedling. However deep microneedling treatments may cause the skin to bleed or bruise.
Results may vary based on the severity of the skin concern, its location, and the treatment plan used.
It may be recommended to have more treatments, up to 4-6 sessions. The skin may continue increased collagen production for 3-6 months after treatment.